DICE has published today, August 2, 2022, Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2. The shooter now offers various news and changes. Here is a list of those mainindicated via the official EA website:
- Kaleidoscope has been overhauled and updated to offer better gameplay with new cover, new flag locations, new elevation gains, and graphical updates to various points on the map.
- The first style and tone change has been introduced for Freelancers, including several updated character models.
- The effectiveness of the RAH-68 Huron’s and YG-99 Hannibal’s 30mm cannon has been reduced making it heat up much faster. This will help limit its impact on infantry and make it more balanced.
- A page for the user’s profile and statistics is now available. The page provides an overview of your performance and progress since the game’s release.
- The aim assist on the controllers has been adjusted to ensure smoother and smoother operation on moving targets.
- The BSV-M’s auto mode now receives an accuracy penalty, and the damage of high stopping power shots decreases faster with distance.
EA and DICE also state that this will be the last update before Season 2 of Battlefield 2042: this means that no further updates should be expected before “late August”. The next map to receive a major change will be Reborn.
The most important update is for sure the Kaleidoscope change. What has changed? The official explanation reads: “We’ve overhauled the play space, adding more cover, creating new flag locations, and improving the pace of the action across the entire map.
We have added cover not only with the placement of new elements, but also by raising the terrain to obstruct the view and allow the infantry to move better. Most importantly, these new elements generate more tactical destruction, which contributes to the evolution of the map throughout the rounds and provides attackers and defenders with new possibilities in key areas.
We’ve also introduced new areas, adding a forward operating base in the park and a second command post near the tower. The data center has also been tweaked several times by our teams, who have added more cover and elements that bear the scars of war to make the map more suited to the atmosphere of 2042.
We hope you enjoy the new gameplay of this map, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on the updated version after you try it.”
For the complete patch notes, you can refer to the EA site.