The YouTube channel Resero has created a first comparison video for Elden Ring, dedicated to PS5, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S. The frame rate holds some surprises. You can see the video above.
According to Resero’s tests, Elden Ring reaches the following FPS with the various versions:
- Xbox One S: 25-30 FPS
- Xbox One X: 30-35 FPS
- PS4: 29-31 FPS
- PS4 Pro: 28-33 FPS
- Xbox Series S (quality mode): 32-37 FPS
- Xbox Series S (performance mode): 45-50 FPS
- PS5 (quality mode): 40-45 FPS
- PS5 (performance mode): 55-60 FPS
- Xbox Series X (Quality Mode): 35-40 FPS on average (but with some spikes up to 45 FPS at times)
- Xbox Series X (performance mode): 43-48 FPS on average (with peaks up to 55-60 FPS)
The first impression is that the arrangements Xbox Series X they are not very stable in terms of frame rate and according to Resero it also depends on the angle of the camera. The video then continues by making a comparison of the game areas with the various consoles, to show the level of detail. The comparison, however, is a bit complex considering also the change of lighting that affects the colors and the perception of details.
However, remember that this test was probably made with a version of the game not updated to the update that users will be able to use when Elden Ring is released. It is therefore possible that the performance will improve compared to what is indicated.
Pending the release and analysis done with an updated version, we can see the votes of the international reviews of Elden Ring. Did you see that the game became the first ever on OpenCritic?