Square Enix reminds you that Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remasterthe remastered edition of the old and historic classic chapter, is now available in Europe for PC on Steam and for iOS and Android on the App Store and Google Play Store respectively.
The new version basically re-proposes the classic game but with some technical tricks applied to graphics and sound, while remaining extremely faithful to the original Final Fantasy VI aesthetic. For the first time ever, the pixel remaster will also include a reinterpretation of the beloved opera scene with new voices and animations in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Korean.
We remind you that among the improvements and updates of the new version of Final Fantasy VI we find:
- Updated 2D pixel graphics, including signature Final fantasy character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist who also collaborated on this collection
- Rearranged soundtrack, under the supervision of the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu
- Improved gameplay including a modernized interface, automatic combat options and more
- General improvements, such as bestiary content, gallery and music player
Those who purchase Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster on Steam by March 9 will receive bonus exclusive including four wallpapers, five music tracks and 20% discount. The backgrounds, instrumental track and special “Timelapse” tracks, which reflect the transition between the iconic original and rearranged versions, included with the initial purchase, are also available via the bundle on Steam. These are the songs included:
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Middle Character Aria (Instrumental)
The bundle that includes all six games in the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series, the Final Fantasy I-VI Bundle, can now also be purchased for an additional discount.