343 Industries released theMid Season Update for Halo Infinitepublished in the past few hours yesterday, February 24, 2022With the purpose of improve a few things and apply various fixes to previously detected problems.
As we previously reported, this is a rather substantial update that does not involve additions in terms of content but fixes some critical elements in the game, also improving its performance, graphics and internal systems.
After the reworking applied to the ranking system, which reset the players’ levels, let’s see what the “mid-season” update was about.
Among the elements of the update, 343 Industries reports in particular the following:
- Improved first person animations
- Improvements to the audio mix between multiplayer and campaign
- The anti-cheat system has been increased
- Various improvements applied to Quick Resume on Xbox Series X | S
- Stability improvements on Xbox One
- OpTic Gaming Bundle available on the Halo Championship Store
In addition to these improvements, it seems to have been applied other variations at deeper levels, as also reported by Vincent Teoh of HDTVTest, who found in his tests that the problems related to the use of the Dolby Vision on compatible TVs has been fixed following this update.