Italian development studio Trinity Team and publisher 101XP have announced the exit date officer of The Darkest Tales: The October 13, 2022. It will be available on Steam, GOG, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
As explained in the official press release, in “The Darkest Tales, players follow the adventure of Teddy, a grouchy (but quite lovable) old bear brought back to life to save his mistress Alicia, and Lighty, a chatty fairy from the spheres bright lights, as they embark on a journey through twisted fairytale planes inhabited by nightmarish enemies and spine-tingling adventures.
Brave the horrors of a dark and twisted world, exploring beautiful yet hostile terrains, meet once-friendly-turned-evil childhood fairytale characters: a flesh-eating Little Red Riding Hood and a monstrous Pinocchio, to name just two, and brace yourself for a challenging climb up the towering beanstalk. Survive where all others failed in rescuing Teddy’s old mistress Alicia and restore peace to her childhood cradle.
Will Teddy and Lighty be able to thwart Alicia’s demonic dreams or will Teddy’s stitches unravel and Lighty’s hopes will die in the dark?”
The development studio also wanted to highlight the success of The Darkest Tales Prologue, launched in October 2021, which received a “Very Positive” rating from users, with over 1,500 reviews. In the year of development that followed, the team worked hard to listen to community feedback to further improve the game.
Let’s read what they are main features of the game:
- Get your hands on enchanted and sharpened weapons to leap, slice and dash through anyone who stands in your way.
- Build your skill tree to learn a ton of new tricks, including faster healing, escaping, double jumps, extra damage, and so much more!
- You might remember them differently… Battle with a ton of once-friendly, now-deadly fairytale characters turned evil bosses, including a double-blade wielding Little Red Riding Hood and petrifying Pinnochio, who becomes her personal puppeteer .
- Each chapter of this playable novel features a set of beautiful and eerie environments. From notorious environments like Geppetto’s battered shop and the lush greenery of the bean towers, to a chilling mountain climb, danger lurks around every corner.
- Fully voiced characters, a story full of recognizable fairy tale lore, and beautiful and haunting landscapes and levels.
If you want more information, read our tried of The Darkest Tales.